Advanced Surface Coatings for the Engineering Industry
Armourcote Hi-Tech Industrial Coatings can offer customers a full technical consultation service, working together with you to solve your surface engineering problems - reducing cost, improving performance and extending component life cycles.
We develop and apply sophisticated coating solutions for use in many industrial applications. With a range of state of the art proprietary products and innovative processes, our surface finishing solutions are used by some of the most prestigious names in industry.
Wear & Corrosion Resistance, Friction Reduction, Thermal Protection
We apply engineered coating solutions for use in many engineering applications - for extreme wear resistance, surface release, managing friction and temperature and corrosion protection.
We have production facilities that can deliver fast turnaround times. Whether it is a high volume run or a one-off on a large complex job, we have the expertise and facilities to deliver the best quality service to you.
See below for some practical examples of the types of coatings we handle for our customers in the engineering industry.
Lubrication and Galvanic corrosion protection.
The brass nuts are fitted into steel on Solar heating equipment. The equipment has 5 year warranty, so if the brass is not coated then the chances are it will seize with the steel when the engineer comes to service.
This example shows a traffic cone molding tool, coated with Armourcote 8840 polyurethane.
It has been in use for 3 years, demonstrating the durability of the coating, and it's fitness for purpose.
Our coatings, designed for a wide variety of industrial engineering applications, can;
- Aid in make up/break out torque
- Prevent galling
- Reduce wear/friction on mating/sliding surfaces.
- Reduce noise on mating surfaces
- Protect from chemical and salt corrosion, often in extremely high and low temperatures
- Offer excellent dialectric strength
- Enhance product release in many food process applications through the use of non stick coatings
- Enhance mould release capabilities-injection or other
- Provide impingement coatings for superior mould release
- Prevent of galvanic corrosion on dissimilar metals
- Create electrically conductive coatings
- Offer EMI/RFI shielding and semiconductive coatings
- Provide Low friction coatings for many applications